Progress Update - Thanet District Council Phase 3
Works are progressing well to deliver 26 new units across two sites in Ramsgate Kent. All Party Wall Awards have been concluded and all Pre-Commencement Planning Conditions have been signed off. Future works for the sites over the coming weeks will include:
King Street Mews Houses
- Completion of masonry gable Walls.
- Completion of timber roof construction.
- Commencement of roof coverings.
Sussex Street Houses
- Completion of Masonry works to joist level.
- Installation of first floor timber joists.
- Commencement of masonry works from first floor level to roof level.
Sussex Street Apartments Blocks A & B
- Masonry Works from first floor level to second floor level.
King Street Apartment Block
- Commence installation of ground floor steel work.
All homes will meet the HCA Design Standard and Lifetime Homes standards wherever possible to provide accessible and convenient accommodation for a wide range of the population, from households with young children to older people, and individuals with temporary or permanent physical or sensory impairment.
Works to King Street are for the delivery of:
1 x 3 bed (6 person) flat
1 x 3 bed (5 person) flat
8 x 2 bed (4 person) flats
4 x 2 bed (3 person) flats
4 x 2 bed (3 person) mews houses
Existing structures have been demolished to ground level to free up space for the redevelopment of the site. The site is fully hoarded, secure and ready for the building work to begin.
The site has full planning consent for two 3-bedroom 5 person semi-detached dwellings and six 2-bedroom 3 person flats.
Works to Sussex Street are for the delivery of:
2 x 3 bed (5 person) houses
6 x 2 bed (3 person) flats
This redevelopment will provide much needed housing and prevent further vandalism and fly tipping on the under-used garage site.