The construction works to expand Birkbeck Primary School which commenced on site in August 2018 will see the school grow and increase capacity from a 2 Form Entry (FE) to a 3 FE school.
With the project won via a competitive tender process, a key factor in ensuring the success of the project is the delivery strategy for the works. The construction works on site will be delivered in four phases, with extensive site logistics plans and detailed construction programmes produced to ensure the required timeframes are met and the highest levels of safety standards are achieved with the live school environment.
- Demolition of single storey block
- Installation of temporary parking area.
- Demolition of existing library & erection of new library
- Internal ground & first floor alterations
- Erection of new 2-storey extension
- Kitchen extension and associated
- Demolition of remainder of single storey block and hall corridor, erection of new hall corridor,
- Landscaping to central courtyard & carpark
- Conversion of existing ground floor classroom to studio space.
- Erection of link walkway/canopy
- Alterations to existing ground floor hall
- Internal ground/first floor alterations
- Landscaping to car parking areas to front and side of building