We are delighted to have been appointed to deliver the proposed works of a new four storey science, technology and art building at a traditional co-educational independent school in Ramsgate, Kent.
The very successful independent College is in the growth phase of an ambitious development programme which aims to deliver state-of-the-art sports and teaching facilities, for pupils and external stakeholders alike.
This new contemporary designed building will be split across four levels, with one storey below ground. The design is intended to provide a subtle connection with the existing older surrounding buildings, as well as a contrast, with the building to feature proposed modern render panels and aluminium windows.
Our long standing relationship with St Lawrence College goes back 138 years, when WW Martin Ltd constructed 'Dane Park House' in 1879, and the main school building on College Road in 1884 and its Chapel in 1927 which was dedicated by the Archbishop of Canterbury.
WW Martin also built the existing Science Block on the other side of College Road in 1933 (see photos) but at almost 85 years old these old buildings are no longer conducive to 21st century teaching, and the amount of renovation required to make them such would prove cost prohibitive.
*CGI photo courtesy of Giarti Ltd